From the President...
Dear ’74 Classmates:
Well, since our 40th Reunion, your Class Officers have been very busy! We attended Alumnae Leadership Council at Wellesley in October 2014 to learn our new roles and plan for what we hope to achieve before our next Reunion. We also held several Class Officer calls, sent a number of email updates out to classmates, and we’ve been working hard on our new Class of 1974 Website!
- In addition to maintaining the schedule of Class mini-reunions and other events under Upcoming Events and a Class photo gallery, we hope to post articles of interest to the Class under Latest News, particularly if they relate to how our classmates are doing.
- The site will house and document Class governance matters, e.g., Class Bylaws (being re-created), minutes of Reunion Class meetings and Class Officer calls, as well as Class communications.
- Our site is connected to Wellesley”s web site and serves as a one-stop shop for all things Wellesley!
Debbie Copeland Levens (Class Treasurer) and I are acting Co-Administrators of our new ’74 web site until a new Class web mistress is named. The site is a work in progress… so please be patient! Please contact us if you are interested in becoming our new Class web mistress (no web design technical skills necessary) or in working on the following site content:
- a list of classmate authors and summary information on their publications
- content for a “Classmate Corner”, to highlight the activities or lives of classmates who will share with us what is going on that is significant to them
- our Class photo gallery (let us know if you can identify anyone we have missed in the photos)
- descriptions of volunteer work classmates do for our Class, Wellesley Clubs or the College
What we hope you have done is to confirm that the College has up-to-date contact information and contact preferences for you. We have over 130 classmates with non-working email addresses on file with the College so we are unable to stay in touch with them. Use the “Directory” tab to check on this today!
With wishes to all classmates for a wonderful spring and summer - stay healthy, happy and enjoy! My best, Chris